Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Desi poetry

Desis have an appalling sense of writing english poetry... a few of my classmates tried their hands at poetry, much to the appreciation of fellow imbeciles, and my dismay.

Please read the samples, and feel free to puke.

Ordinary Girl, touch my soul
Demystify that ever-deepening hole.

Love: Bodies in quantum entanglement
Understanding life, so deeply ambivalent.

Ordinary Girl, touch my skin
Redeem me of the original sin.

Precious illusions, oh, so adolescent!
Rest of life, nobody's invent.

My-o-my, you're so ever-beautiful
With our shine and your ever-gripping pull.

And the magnum opus: i go to school, my friends are cool

If you ask me, people should limit their literary escapades to quoting copied shers(gaboor poetry, that i don't understand anyway), and spare me the torture of having to read poetry in a language that i understand.

Of course, I have the option of not reading it, but why waste a chance to crib :D

P.S: Caption for a new Kannada movie:
Musical thunder... something wonder!

My body shudders as due to
sudden, repetitive, spasmodic contraction of the thoracic cavity, resulting in violent release of air from the lungs, and i feel a sudden urge to consume anitemetics. But atleast, the caption doesn't claim that it is poetry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember seeing that kannada movie caption outside the majestic railway station...think i mentioned it in cooling also.but this "poetry" is certainly much worse....
and u r in total aangst mode..

-Kuzh

Nilu said...

i go to school, my friends are cool..??????????

surrender!

Ishwar said...

well, that was koluthi-poding...