Thursday, June 02, 2005

I call myself a secular atheist, in the sense that I see all religions equally , (pointless probably?), and I am also a major anti-associanist. I am not a member of any atheistic foundation, of alumni clubs, citizens' movements, open source.. anything... I have no idea why i should be saying all this now :)


I mean, a vociferous atheist is as much a fundamentalist as conservatives, jehadists or the saffron brigade. And why does a vociferous atheist feel any different from any of these people? Not that i have anything against fundamanetalism... i won't till the time i am affected by it....

In much the same way, I found striking smiliarities across the auto-biographies of hitler and gandhi. Fanatics at two ends of the spectrum and judgemental.

The god who wasn't there

2 comments:

Ambar said...

I think a better term would be i-don't-give-a-damn atheist

Escape.... Great Escape said...

Hi.. yes.. be an aetheist but dont be fanatic about it.. :). It does not make anything any better.