Monday, June 06, 2005

These environmentalists are the best irritators in this whole goddamned world.

The other day, I was walking along a busy road in Koramangala with my friend when this Green Peace person politely asked us if we have a few minutes to spare. My friend is this activisty type of a person. We can forgive her for that cos she is a sane person otherwise. ;)

This woman then went on to show us photos of various projects that they have halted due to perceived threats to the environment, and asked for contribution. I didn't obviously.

What was funny/irritating was her "holier-than-thou" attitude. I care, you don't. see, i am making you aware of all this

Goddammit, doesn't she know that every toddler knows that the amazon forests are being reduced at a rate of 2% every year, temperature is rising, sea level fluctuating, acid rains, mercury poisoning, south india becoming a desert, and so on.. And despite all that when I go ahead and have a beer, it means that i dont care a damn...

I then went on to make a significant contribution towards extinction of chicken.

Reminds me of an Issac Asimov story set in the future, where this person holds the last of the non-human lifeforms(two mice) and feels that he holds nature's fate in his hands. Quite hilarious.

Waiting for the next ship to Mars for emigration.

God save the world from environmentalists...

No comments: