Monday, October 10, 2005

Did you know...

That up until the time humans colonised New Zealand(Maoris, a thousand years ago), the only mammals in NewZeland were a few bats and that all the ecological niches occupied by deer, zebra, lion, hyena and crocoidle were occupied by birds(and a few by reptiles)?

Man, what would I not give to see such an ecosystem(I wouldn't give this up for sure.

Below is a scale model of Moa, the dominant herbivore in the New Zealand eco system and to the right is the scale image of a Haast eagle attacking Moas. A truly majestic sight.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com


P.S: Image souce: Wikipedia



Had dinosaurs not been wiped out and had intelligent life descended from dinosaurs, it would have been a huge pity for one simple reason. Dinosaurs didn't have extenal genitals and hence dinosauroids couldn't have masturbated :)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Boy, that's a pity....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will Google Kill News Media?
As Google positions itself to be a total online content provider, the question of what is next for the search engine giant might be at least partially forecast by journalists Matt Thompson and Robin Sloan.
Great blog here! I have a free mp3 music file site/blog. It pretty much covers free mp3 music file related stuff. Check it out if you want free mp3 stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hi, your blog is great . I was just out blog surfing for detailed info on cure a golf slice when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I did. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to post your link on my "favorites" page. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about cure a golf slice